We are currently seeking a Front-end Developer to join our Tech team!
You will work full-time on-site with a small team of developers and creatives. You must be a quick learner who works well with teams under tight timelines, who understands how to cope with changing deadlines and deliverables.
About 40% of your time will be dedicated to ongoing maintenance for a well-known entertainment website, developing web pages for contests, promotions and HTML5 games.
The rest of your time will be devoted to other projects, which may include websites, web applications (including photo submission galleries, games, contests and similar), Amazon Alexa voice skills, VR/AR applications and more.
You should have at least 2 years of on-the-job experience with:
- Angular/React/Vue and similar
- Responsive website designs that:
- Provide the best experience across all browsers, tablets and mobile devices
- Use media queries, breakpoints, feature detection and other best practices
- A strong understanding of encapsulation and inheritance
- Strong understanding of closures, callbacks, events, bindings and promises
- Excellent testing and debugging skills including:
- Testing web sites and applications across all major browsers and devices
- Intermediate use of team development tools including:
- Git source control, including branching, merging and tagging
- Command line build tools, including npm, gulp/grunt and node.js
- Bug and issue tracking tools such as Redmine, JIRA, or Bugzilla
- Photoshop skills for extracting site elements from designer’s comps
- Experience with popular LAMP-based CMS solutions such as:
- Expression Engine
- Plus, an intermediate comfort level with basic PHP and MySQL
- Dynamic website techniques including:
- Integrating with RESTful APIs using AJAX and JSON
- Integrating with social network APIs such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
- Video player implementations using YouTube and/or JWPlayer
- Site analytics and optimization techniques including:
- Integrating Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and other services
- Site loading and performance optimization techniques
- SEO optimization techniques
Preferred But Optional Skills and Experience:
- Agile and lean development methodologies such as SCRUM and Kanban
- Formal and informal development team code reviews
- Unit Testing using tools such as Jasmine
- Internationalization, localization, geolocation concepts, libraries and techniques
- Unity, Unreal Engine, React VR, Three.js or other game, 3D and VR/AR engines
- AWS application hosting, including S3, EC2, ECS, Elastic Beanstalk or Lambda
- Developing voice skills for Amazon Alexa or Google Home
- Advertising network integrations
- Content Delivery Networks such as Cloudfront or Akamai
- Experience working with a team of developers in a fast-paced agency environment
- Ability to:
- Tackle imminent deadlines, changing requirements and vague specifications
- Communicate clearly with team members, co-workers and clients
- Provide clear and realistic estimates for upcoming projects and tasks
- Communicate issues, concerns, risks and unknowns as soon as possible
- Resolve disputes and disagreements through cooperation and collaboration
- Juggle and prioritize multiple competing deadlines
- Intense desire to:
- Tackle technology challenges head-on with proven tools and techniques
- Find or build the most efficient and effective ways to finish tasks
- Self-start with proven resources, consulting team members when needed
- Learn and grow with input from senior developers
What We Offer
What We Offer
TVGla provides a dynamic, fast-paced, pet-friendly team environment, comprehensive medical benefits, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and time off, fun weekly events, summer Fridays, a fully stocked kitchen, and more!
For consideration, please send us your online portfolio, resume and salary requirements.
TVGla is an equal opportunity employer.